Welcome to (The Occasional) Photo Tip of the Day! Please also visit my main site jeffwignall.com. Text and photographs Copyright 2016 Jeff Wignall.



“The best way out is always through.”


Sunday, May 10, 2009

Have a Happy Mother's Day

If you're in a part of the world that celebrates Mother's Day today, then have a happy day. I didn't know until a moment ago when I read the Wikipedia article on Mother's Day that is was celebrated all over the world (by rough count it seems like about 75 countries celebrate the holiday today).

I've been away from the blog again for a week, still trying to catch up on my post-book life and to get another book underway (a compete revision of "The Joy of Digital Photography" due out this time next year), but I'll be back at it this week. I'll be adding new posts and filling in the gaps from the past few weeks. I'm still a bit put off that the LCD on my D90 seems too bright unless I set it to its minimum brightness (-3), but I'm going to shoot a lot this week and do some exposure tests at a studio, as well. I love the camera in most ways--it's beautifully designed and a joy to hold and use. Apparently other people are put off by the LCD brightness, because there's a short discussion forum on Flickr. Lots more about the D90 in the days to come. I also have a call in to Nikon to ask them about the LCD and a few other things.

If you're visiting your mom today, don't forget to have someone shoot a picture of you together!

No comments: