Welcome to (The Occasional) Photo Tip of the Day! Please also visit my main site jeffwignall.com. Text and photographs Copyright 2016 Jeff Wignall.



“The best way out is always through.”


Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Prediction: Patriots Win NEXT Year!

OK, I've had a cold all week and so I'm too lazy to do a real posting. I'll take the easy route and do a Superbowl prediction:  Steelers 38/Green Bay 21 (by the way, that's the third prediction I've made, all different--but the Steelers win them all).  Of course, I've been a New England Patriots fan since I was about 11, so I don't really care who wins, but Green Bay was the first team I followed as a kid, so I'm kind of hoping they win. But I've watched a few Steelers' games this year and their defense is so incredible its hard to fathom anyone scoring much against it. But who knows. And honestly, who really cares (unless you're from Green Bay or Pittsburgh). And, by the way, I didn't have a football photo so I picked a youth soccer shot. Hey, it's a game played with a ball, you kick it, it's played on grass, you wear uniforms--let's not be too picky.  And here's another idea:  I've always thought they should take the two worst teams in football and have another game called the Toilet Bowl the week before the Superbowl. Probably be a better game!

My radio partner Gito (a Giant's fan) picks Green Bay 24-21 over Pittsburgh. My photographer friend Derek (a Bill's fan) has this prediction:  "I predict that Wignall's prediction is wrong." 

And incidentally, I have to say, having a wicked head cold is no fun, but getting to spend several days in bed in suspended animation under a pile of wool blankets: priceless.

No comments: