Welcome to (The Occasional) Photo Tip of the Day! Please also visit my main site jeffwignall.com. Text and photographs Copyright 2016 Jeff Wignall.



“The best way out is always through.”


Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Rare Green Phase of the Pink Flamingo

The rare green phase of the pink flamingo. This bird will only shows its green coloring on St. Pat's Day and by the next day has morphed back to its original pink color. It's a stunning thing to see, however, and is said to bring luck to anyone that sees it! And now, of course, you have seen it!

My 500th posting! This is the 500th posting on this blog! I had no idea I'd stick with it for so long. I even published a book based on the blog: Jeff Wignall's Digital Photography Crash Course. I was going to post a photograph of one of my kitties (who has helped me write almost every post) today, but I'll post her for the 501st posting. Today I just had to share this rare ornithological sighting. ;)

3 comments:

Frank Kautz said...

Thanks for the 500 posts! I have read them all. It is a great resource.

Frank

Jeff Wignall said...

Thanks Frank! I think you win the prize for Most Loyal Reader :)

Frank Kautz said...

Hi Jeff,

As long as the prize is more posts, I am content. :)

Frank