Welcome to (The Occasional) Photo Tip of the Day! Please also visit my main site jeffwignall.com. Text and photographs Copyright 2016 Jeff Wignall.



“The best way out is always through.”


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Canon Introduces an 18 megapixel Rebel

If you're a Canon fan or just someone who watches equipment carefully, you probably already know this, but Canon has announced an 18mp Rebel, the Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only). In addition to the impressive 18mp CMOS sensor, the camera features a 3" LCD, an ISO range of 100-6400 and improved movie modes. Considering that Amazon has a pre-release price (it will probably go down) of just $799 (body only), it seems like a camera worth considering if you're looking for a new (or first) DSLR. Nikon lover though I am, I have to admit that an 18mp camera for under $800--pretty tempting! Read more about it on the Canon site. You can also buy it as a kit with the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.6-5.6 IS lens. Click on either the Amazon or B&H ads on this blog to get the latest in pricing and availability. And if you buy one, let me know what you think--I may be next!

2 comments:

Frank Kautz said...

Hi Jeff,

I am currently using a T1i that i bought last year when they first came out. It is a great camera. Now, there are things I wish it did that the higher priced cameras do, but I got the best I could afford at the time.

(Well, okay, I did put more money into lenses. I didn't get the kit lens, I bought a Canon 17-85mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens and a Canon 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens instead. I wanted lenses that would out last my camera since I knew that I would one day want to get another one.)

Frank

Jeff Wignall said...

Hi Frank,

I will probably buy a T2i at some point just to experiment. But I agree with your philosophy totally: put the money into lenses because I tend to flip the bodies on Ebay in about three years. In fact, I currently have one D70 for sale on Ebay and a D70s about to go up :)

jeff